Following is a primer to get you prepared for the Rookie Sequence: broadcast info, rosters, gamers to observe, and extra.
There is no such thing as a tv broadcast or stream for Friday’s recreation. Saturday’s recreation can be televised on NBCSP+. Each video games could have radio broadcasts, with Phantoms play-by-play announcer Bob Rotruck on the decision: 1470-WSAN (iheartradio app) Phantoms 365 app. A direct audio hyperlink is accessible right here.
The Flyers have 26 gamers on their Rookie Camp roster (13 forwards, 10 defensemen, and three goaltenders). The Rooke Sequence recreation lineups can be organized as they might in a typical recreation. In different phrases, each groups will costume 18 skaters and two goalies per recreation. As such, a handful of gamers will solely costume in one of many two video games, whereas the bulk will play in each.
Phantoms head coach Ian Laperriere can be behind the bench for the Flyers Rookies. He had indicated that Rookie Camp invitees Jonathan Lemieux and Nolan Maier will cut up goaltending duties on Friday, whereas younger Phantoms goaltender Samuel Erson will begin within the return match on Saturday.
The trio of Noah Cateshis brother jackson cates and Flyers 2020 first-round Draft choose Tyson Foerster have skated collectively at observe main as much as the Rookie Sequence. They may seem collectively in not less than one of many video games. On protection, third-year professional Egor Zamula and second-season participant Ronnie Attard had been paired at observe. Laperriere mentioned that Attard wouldn’t play on Friday however can be within the lineup for Saturday’s recreation.
The total Flyers’ roster is as follows:
Forwards (2021-22 Group)
43 Theo Rochette – Quebec (QMJHL)
49 Noah Cates-Philadelphia (NHL), Minn-Duluth (NCAA)
52 Tyson Foerster – Lehigh Valley (AHL), Barrie (OHL)
59 Jackson Cates – Lehigh Valley (AHL), Philadelphia (NHL)
60 Zayde Knowledge -Kingston (OHL)
62 Olle Lycksell – Vaxjo HC Lakers (SHL)
70 Tye McSorley – Oshawa (OHL), London (OHL)
73 elliot desnoyers – Halifax (OHL)
78 Jacob Gacher – Baie-Comeau (QMJHL)
82 Mikael Huchette – Quebec (QMJHL)
83 Tyler Savard – Sault Ste. Marie (OHL)
85 JR Avon – Peterborough (OHL)
92 Alexis Gendron – Blainville-Boisbriand (QMJHL)
Defensemen (2021-22 workforce)
47 Ronnie Attard – Philadelphia (NHL), Western Michigan (NCAA)
93 Colin Felix – Lehigh Valley, Mass-Amhers (NCAA)
fifty adam ginning – Farjestad BK (SHL)
95 Adam Karashik – Lehigh Valley (AHL), Notre Dame (NCAA)
80 Will MacKinnon – Studying (ECHL), New Hampshire (NCAA)
63 Mason Millman – Lehigh Valley (AHL), Studying (ECHL)
75 Ethan Samson – Prince George (WHL)
65 Wyatt Wylie -Lehigh Valley (AHL)
54 Egor Zamula – Lehigh Valley (AHL), Philadelphia (NHL)
64 Brian Zanetti – Peterborough (OHL)
Goaltenders (2021-22 workforce)
33 Samuel Ersson – Lehigh Valley (AHL)
30 Jonathan Lemieux – Moncton (QMJHL), Saint John (QMJHL)
34 Nolan Maier – Saskatoon (WHL)
The Rangers have 23 gamers at their Rookie Camp, consisting of 13 forwards, seven defensemen, and three goaltenders. Notably, 22-year-old Swedish defenseman Nils Lundkvist (a first-round choose in 2018) isn’t taking part for New York. The participant, who has reportedly requested a commerce from the Rangers, nonetheless technically qualifies as an NHL rookie, having performed precisely 25 video games for the Blueshirts final yr.
A storyline to observe within the Rookie Sequence: The Rangers have three gamers (forwards Brennan Othmann and Will Cuylle together with goaltender Dylan Garand) who had been a part of Group Canada’s gold-medal profitable workforce on the 2022 World Junior Championship match in Edmonton in August. The Flyers, in the meantime, have two gamers from the victorious Group Canada squad: forwards Foerster and Elliot Desnoyers.
The total roster for the Rangers is embedded under:
Gamers to Watch
In Rookie Recreation competitions, it’s typically moderately straightforward to identify which gamers are the highest prospects for the respective sides and which of them both have some professional degree expertise below their belts or not less than are a bit extra bodily mature than others on the ice. Whereas there may be surprises, it is typical that these are the gamers who stand out essentially the most in Rookie Video games.
Six to observe: Flyers
1. Tyson Foerster (RW): The lone Flyers’ first-round choose at Rookie Camp this yr, Foerster is a lethal shooter who can rating objectives from the flank on one-timers or close to the web. He additionally has an underrated passing contact.
2. Noah Cates (LW): A mature two-way participant, the youthful Cates brother arguably has the very best likelihood of any participant on the Flyers Rookie Camp to earn an NHL roster spot come opening evening.
3. Egor Zamula (D): The cell, expert and poised Russian defenseman added 12 kilos of muscle to his 6-foot-3 body over the offseason, reporting to camp at 192 kilos. He’ll play in all recreation conditions for Laperriere’s facet.
4. Ronnie Attard (D): Attard has at all times had an explosive shot and a bodily facet to his recreation. He is labored exhausting on his positional consciousness and danger vs. reward choice making. As a bodily mature participant with some NHL expertise from final season, he may very well be a power in Saturday’s rematch.
5. Elliot Desnoyers (C/W): A flexible and speedy two-way ahead with underrated offensive expertise, Desnoyers performed largely a fourth line and penalty killing function for Group Canada on the 2022 WJC however was a high offensive participant within the Quebec Main Junior Hockey League final yr and impressed a yr in the past in NHL camp with the Flyers.
6. Olle Lycksell (LW): A artful and speedy little winger, the 23-year-old Swede is an skilled professional in his homeland’s high professional league (SHL) and can be a rookie in North America this season, with the Phantoms.
Six to observe: Rangers
1. Brennan Othmann (LW): Chosen by the Rangers within the first spherical (sixteenth total) of the 2021 Entry Draft, the younger ahead exploded for 50 objectives and 97 factors for the Ontario Hockey League’s Flint Firebirds final season. On the WJC, I’ve chipped in six factors (2g, 4a) in as many video games. At age 19, he isn’t eligible for the American Hockey League in 2022-23 because of the CHL/NHL Age Rule reverting again to pre-pandemic laws. Thus, Othmann will use the Rookie Sequence and NHL coaching camp to attempt to show he deserves an NHL spot sooner moderately than later. In any other case, he’ll play one further OHL season.
2. Zac Jones (D): The 21-year-old blueliner (he’ll flip 22 in late October) is coming off a promising first full professional season in 2021-22 after electing to go away UMass-Amherst following his sophomore season. An attack-minded defenseman, Jones carried out properly total for the AHL’s Hartford Wolf Pack final season and has additionally wearing a mixed 22 NHL video games for the Rangers since turning professional. He nonetheless has room to enhance on the defensive facet of the puck. The Rangers chosen Jones within the third spherical (68th total) of the 2019 Entry Draft.
3. Will Cuylle (LW): New York’s Cuylle and the Flyers’ Desnoyers had been linemates for Group Canada on the latest WJC. The 20-year-old has an enormous body (6-foot-4, 210 kilos) and may be fairly tough to knock off the puck. He additionally brings a hitting factor to his recreation and may get below opponents’ pores and skin. Cuylle will play his first full-length professional season in 2022-23. With the OHL’s Windsor Spitfires final season, he posted 43 objectives and 80 factors in 59 video games.
4. Dylan Garand (G): Taking part in behind Group Canada’s powerhouse lineup Garand went 6-0 on the World Juniors with a .925 save share and 1.98 objectives in opposition to common. He additionally had a really sturdy junior season with the Western Hockey League’s Kamloops Blazers. The 20-year-old netminder will play his first full professional season in 2022-23 with the AHL’s Wolf Pack.
5. Adam Sykora (W): The Rangers didn’t have a first-round choice within the 2022 Entry Draft. When their flip got here up within the second spherical at quantity 63 total, the workforce tabbed Slovakian winger Sykora as their first collection of the Draft. The 18-year-old confirmed promise in his house nation’s high professional league, Extraliga, for Nitra. He’s already a mainstay on Slovakia’s junior nationwide workforce and suited up on the World Junior Championships final month.
6. Bobby Trivigno (W): The pint-sized Lengthy Island native was a really expert and entertaining collegiate participant at UMass-Amherst, the place he racked up the factors in his junior and senior seasons. The undrafted 23-year-old joined the AHL’s Wolf Pack final season after his senior collegiate season ended. The going wasn’t as straightforward within the AHL (one purpose, three factors in 11 video games). Nonetheless, within the Rookie Sequence setting, Trivigno is a participant who might stand out. He’s a really intelligent participant.