Picture: Stephen Ironside
It is virtually time for an additional season of performances by Symphony of Northwest Arkansas, and along with their live performance corridor reveals, SoNA officers introduced plans to proceed their sequence designed to carry classical music to extra surprising locations.
The sequence, referred to as “SoNA Past,” will embrace performances at Fayetteville Public Library, Highlands Oncology, Crystal Bridges, Murphy Park, and different venues across the area.
The concept behind the sequence is to “together with organizational partnerships, particular pop-up appearances, progressive creative experiences, academic occasions, and extra” to the area in locations, with the hope to carry the music to a wider viewers within the area.
“It’s crucial that we transfer past the standard boundaries of what a symphony can do, with the last word goal of being a pressure for good in our group,” says D. Riley Nicholson, SoNA Government Director. “As a pacesetter within the NWA arts sector, SoNA has a accountability to interrupt the mould and dismantle perceptions that an orchestra solely exists to serve an elite few.”
The SoNA Past sequence will kick off this month with Voces Latinas on the Fayetteville Public Library (FPL) at 2 pm on Sept. 18. The present, curated by SoNA musician Raul Munguia takes listeners “on a musical journey from Mexico by means of the Andes, highlighting the richness and variety of classical and conventional repertoire written by Latin-American composers.” The efficiency will characteristic SoNA musicians Duo Capriccioso, South American performing artist and composer Amado Espinoza, and others.
A full listing of SoNA Past performances scheduled this season is beneath.
For extra details about the sequence, go to sonamusic.org/sona-beyond.
Important stage reveals this 12 months start Oct. 29 at Walton Arts Middle. For extra details about these go to sonamusic.org.
2022-23 “SoNA Past” Music Sequence
Extra occasions and appearances might be introduced because the season progresses. Descriptions beneath supplied by SoNA.
- An ongoing partnership with Highlands Oncology Group: On September 12, 28, October 10, 25, and extra dates TBA, SoNA will present a solo violinist without cost performances at Highlands Oncology’s Springdale clinic. SoNA goals to uplift the spirits of sufferers and healthcare employees by offering free performances within the infusion room and foyer. Highlands Oncology is a longtime company associate of SoNA, and now the organizations are thrilled to collaborate additional to offer a therapeutic and uplifting expertise for most cancers sufferers.
- On October 1 at 3pm at Murphy Park, SoNA Past and the Springdale Public Library have fun Hispanic Heritage Month with a particular efficiency by Duo Capriccioso and salsa band Son Sin Gnero. This occasion is free and open to the general public.
- On November 6 at 3pm on the Fayetteville Public Library, SoNA Past and FPL co-present the traditional symphonic fairy story for youngsters, Peter & The Wolf / Pedro y el lobo, which introduces listeners to the colourful devices of the orchestra with a narrative that highlights vigilance, bravery, and resourcefulness. This might be a bi-lingual efficiency of the traditional kids’s story set to the timeless music of Sergei Prokofiev. This efficiency offers a possibility for younger folks to expertise this acquainted story and iconic music with narration in English and Spanish. Free and open to the general public.
- On November 12, SoNA Past will make a particular look on the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Artwork throughout the Interform Vogue occasion celebrating the museum’s “Fashioning America: Grit to Glamour” exhibition. SoNA’s particular musical look will join with the themes in Crystal Bridges’ exhibition devoted to style, exploring American style as a robust emblem of worldwide visible tradition, amplified by films, tv, pink carpets, and social media.
- On November 20, SoNA Past presents Latin Traces at 214 CACHE in Springdale. Curated by Fernando Valencia, this live performance will discover the cultural parts that form “Latin American sound.” This system celebrates Latin music and its explicit “Latin sound” as a constructive and unifying aspect amidst the conflict of cultures throughout colonization. This live performance will embrace a world premiere by Carolina Noguera and is supported by the CACHE Inventive Change Fund. This occasion is free and open to the general public, with donations inspired.
- On January 14, 2023, SoNA Past can have a particular look on the Northwest Arkansas Martin Luther King Council Banquet, performing the string quartet music of Florence Worth. Time and tickets for this occasion TBA.
- On March 15, 2023, at 4pm, SoNA Past collaborates with the Ra-Ve Cultural Basis on the Fayetteville Public Library. SoNA, Ra-Ve, and FPL co-present a youth-centered interactive and academic expertise – half e-book studying, half efficiency, and half demonstration. That includes a traditional Indian story alongside a presentation between symphony and Ra-Ve musicians traversing the boundaries between western and Indian musical types, this occasion is free and open to the general public.
- On Might 7, 2023, at 2pm, SoNA Past: Transcending Phrases will characteristic the SoNA Singers in celebration of Poetry Month on the Fayetteville Public Library. SoNA Singers, a refrain of 60 lovely voices, will sing highly effective poems, and spoken phrase artists will share poems impressed by the music and poetry of the occasion. By way of this program we have fun the transcendent means of the written phrase, in addition to the flexibility of music to transcend phrases by offering colour, context, and emotion. This occasion is free and open to the general public.
- On June 30, 2023, SoNA continues its partnership with Crystal Bridges to co-present a live performance within the museum’s Nice Corridor. Impressed by the short-term visible artwork exhibition titled Diego Rivera’s America, SoNA will collaborate with Crystal Bridges curators to discover themes within the visible exhibit to create a musical program that sonically brings the paintings to life and deepens cultural connections throughout artforms, identities, and geographies. SoNA’s look at Crystal Bridges is supported by Greenwood Gearhart Investments. Ticketing particulars and occasion time TBA.
- SoNA Past may even current its annual Cooper Chapel live performance in the summertime of 2023, sponsored by the North Arkansas Symphony Guild and made attainable by a present from the late Elin J. Stene. This occasion might be free and open to the general public; occasion date and time TBA.
The most recent headlines from the Fayetteville Flyer, delivered straight to your inbox.